I’m almost done with the Shark Attack blanket. I finished the teeth, the string ended up being 21 teeth long.
To attach them, I started by pinning the middle tooth to the middle of the mouth. Then I started sewing at one end. This should allow me to stretch the teeth or blanket as needed to make sure all the teeth fit.
Now, I have to make a decision about the eyes and gills. The pattern says to make them out of felt and attach them using fabric glue, but I’m not sure that is the route I want to take. I’m thinking about embroidering them on. That seems a little more durable for a four year old. I also thought about knitting the circles and then sewing them onto the blanket. I’ve been going back and forth on this for awhile, but now I’m getting to where I have to decide which way to go.
Last Friday night, Husband was away for a convention and Kiddo stayed with Grandparents. That left me all by myself for the evening. I finally caught up on the latest episodes of the Walking Dead and made good progress on the leg of my Padfoot socks, I’m just about to the heel. Hopefully, I’ll have those finished soon as well.
I’m itching to start some new projects, but I’m refusing to let myself start anything new until I finish both the blanket and the socks.
We’ll see how that goes.