And There Goes the Day…

Since this month’s schedule came out, I’ve been looking forward to today. A day off, during the week, no meetings to attend, no lunches to cover, just a day off where I could get things done. And I had the day planned, I was going to go to the gym, groom the dog, deep clean the upstairs bathroom, catch up on laundry, do my grocery shopping, do a full change on the litter boxes (we have scoopable litter, so I usually just scoop every night and add more litter when necessary, but every once in a while I still need to completely empty the boxes, wash them out, scrub down the litter closet, and put everything back together filled with fresh, clean litter), and get the laptop moved upstairs (putting my laptop upstairs as the house computer was one of the conditions of getting the iPad). Oh yeah, and I needed to go online and order some new bras, I’ve had to toss a couple in the past few weeks.

And yes, I do realize that there was no way all of that was going to get done today under the best of circumstances, especially when you consider that I’m a lazy procrastinator that is way too fond of sitting on the couch, knitting (or playing with my iPad) and watching SportsCenter, I was still optimistic that I would at least get a couple of things done.

So, I still got up at the usual time, let Puppy out, started the coffee and stayed up to have coffee with Husband before he left for work. Then it happened, my phone rang, and the caller id said it was Boss Lady. That is never a good sign, let alone at 7:45 in the morning. And sure enough, someone had called in sick and could I go in to our branch way out in Nowhere Land from one to five. Dammit, of course I could. And, yes I know I could have just said no, but I’m bad at telling people no. Plus, there wasn’t really a good reason for me not to come in.

Okay, so the bad news was, no day off. However, the good news was, I didn’t have to be at work until 1, so I could get a couple of things crossed off my list. You know, provided I got moving. And did that happen? Of course not, after an hour of playing on my iPad and watching SportsCenter (in my defense, I did purchase some new bras during that time), I decided that the best use of part of my morning off would be to take a nap, but just a little one. We all know how that goes, another hour later, I forced my lazy ass out of bed and drug myself, complaining the whole while to the gym. By that point, there was only time left to shower, get ready for work, and enjoy half a lunch with Husband.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I do like my job. But I was so looking forward to the day off. My position is limited full time, meaning I can get anywhere from 30 to 39 hours per week. That means, I tend to get some half day shifts (or when I’m covering lunches for our Motor Bank, quarter day) which means I don’t usually get a full day off in exchange for my monthly Saturday. And then couple of times I have gotten a day off, it has been on a day where I still had to go in for a staff meeting or the like. This was going to be a whole day completely off.

Sigh. I had such high hopes for the day too. And please, Department of Health and Human Services, keep in mind that I was planning on cleaning today before you declare my bathroom a health hazard.

One comment

  1. Huh, no idea why the font change halfway through the post, still learning how to do stuff on the iPad.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

My Tangled Yarn Knitting Adventures

Ramblings from an obsessed knitter


The Art of Knitting


throwing pots and making knots

%d bloggers like this: